“From Chatter to Action: How Social Networks Inform and Motivate in Rural Uganda” 2021. British Journal of Political Science. (with Jennifer M. Larson and Pedro Rodríguez).
“Measuring Networks in the Field” 2020. Political Science Research and Methods. 8(1): 123-135. (with Jennifer M. Larson).
“Rumors, Kinship Networks, and Rebel Group Formation” 2018. International Organization. 72(Fall): 871–903. (with Jennifer M. Larson).
- Alexander L. George Award for best article or chapter developing or applying qualitative methods published in 2018 from the Qualitative and Multi-Method Research section of APSA.
“Ethnic Networks” 2017. American Journal of Political Science. 61(2): 350–364. (with Jennifer Larson).
- Award for Best Article published in AJPS in 2017.
- Award for Best Conference Paper from the Political Networks section of APSA in 2016.
“How Does Ethnic Rebellion Start?” 2017. Comparative Political Studies. 50(10): 1420-1450.
- James Caporaso Award for Best Article published in CPS in 2017.
“When Decentralization Leads to Recentralization: Subnational State Transformation in Uganda” 2014. Regional & Federal Studies. 24(5): 571-588.
- Reprinted as a chapter in Jan Erk, ed. 2018. Federalism and Decentralization in Sub-Saharan Africa. Oxford and New York: Routledge.
“Administrative Unit Proliferation” 2014. American Political Science Review. 108(1): 196-207. (with Guy Grossman).
- Kellogg/Notre Dame Award for Best Article in Comparative Politics presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting, Midwest Political Science Association.
“Nations’ Income Inequality Predicts Ambivalence in Stereotype Content: How Societies Mind the Gap” 2013. British Journal of Social Psychology. 52(4): 726-746. (with Federica Durante et al; 37 authors).
“Civil Conflict Onset in Africa: Evidence from a New Dataset”. Revise and resubmit.